Having goals and going after our goals is a really awesome and powerful thing. So make them and go after them!
But, although it’s hard, we mustn’t get so focused on the outcome.
Because, truly, the journey is the destination.
It’s About The Process.
As a pro-athlete, I was very driven. But reaching my goals didn’t fulfill me.
I was a top five draft pick. I’ve won an MLS Cup. A US Open cup. A Superliga title. (yada yada)
But none of these things fulfilled me.
Yes, they were great and amazing. I thank God for them! But the feelings were fleeting.
After every achievement and ‘success’, I was left with one question. One internal question. “This is it?” This is everything I’ve worked my entire life for? This is what I’ve sacrificed so much for?
My Expectations > Reality.
We can’t let ourselves get so fixated on the outcome. We must enjoy the journey. We must enjoy the process. And soak it in as much as possible.
I wish I had enjoyed the process as a pro-athlete more. But I can’t go back.
So, I’m trying to remind myself everyday to enjoy the process more. The ups and the downs. All of it!
All Good Things Take Time.
Get after it. But be patient.
I’m preaching to myself here.
I’m looking to buy a business. It hasn’t been as easy as I thought.
But, everything worthwhile takes time. It’s something we need to remind ourselves of often.
We got to trust God. Put the work in. Get lost in the process. And believe that good things are coming!
Because they are!
Oh, you better believe they are!
Be BOLD. Be BRAVE. Keep the FAITH!
- The Journey = The DestinationHaving goals and going after our goals is a really awesome and powerful thing. So make them and go after them! But, although it’s hard, we mustn’t get so focused on the outcome. Because, truly, the journey is the destination.
- Relationships > To-Do ListsI have this desire deep inside to do big and great things for Jesus. A great desire, no doubt. But yesterday it hit me why I so often miss these opportunities. In one word, it’s PERSPECTIVE! My view of what is
- The Best In The CountryAs a dad myself, so much of my focus these days is on or around my three young and rambunctious boys (the pic below says it all). What they’re doing and saying. Their different personalities. How they’re growing. The normal
- Chase Your Dreams!I’ve felt the LORD leading me for some time now to start chasing a new DREAM. And I knew the first step was to leave my job. The one that provided a stable salary to help support my family. So,
- The Wake Forest University Sports Hall of Fame Speech That Changed My LifeIt was an awesome reunion this past weekend celebrating WFU’s Sports Hall-of-Fame inductees Marcus Tracy and Michael Parkhurst, former teammates and incredible men. (As well as the other inductees Michele Kasold, John Hendricks & Freddie Summers) Each inductee had the
- 2020, Bring It On!HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2019 is history! At the end of every year, it’s always hard believing another year has come and gone. I’m not sure what this past year entailed for you. But, I bet it’s pretty safe to say
- Really… What Is Faith?What is faith? And what does it really look like? This is a question I’ve been wrestling with lately. As a Christian, we hear this word all the time. It’s pretty darn essential to the Christian life. We know what
- IT’S TIME TO BUY A BUSINESS!I’m Dreaming Again! Heads up y’all. This blog’s a little different from my typical ones because I’m asking for your help. God’s given me a clear vision. A new dream! It’s big and bold. And I can’t do it without
- Lessons From The WildernessI recently spent a week with my beautiful wife and amazing Sister-in-law in Wyoming. We spent three days and four nights hiking, camping and exploring the Grand Tetons in the Jedidiah Smith Wilderness. The mountains were magnificent! They were huge.
- Be Known More For What You’re ForDo you watch the news? I don’t. Too negative. Yeah, maybe I should to be more informed about current events and what’s going on. But it’s so negative. Have you ever noticed how easy it is to be negative? It’s